This very decorative necklace weaves together two traditional Irish symbols that are rich in meaning - The Claddagh and the Celtic cross.
The Claddagh signifies: Love, in the heart; Loyalty, in the crown; and Friendship in the hands. The Celtic cross embodies Christianity, and the circle behind it has been interpreted as both a halo and a pagan symbol of the sun, giver of life. The two symbols gracefully merge where the cross's halo becomes the Claddagh's arms.
Celtic knots further ornament the four points of the cross, and a large cubic zirconia crystal gives the heart a life of its own. The sparkle and clarity of the crystal contrasts nicely with the rustic quality of the overall necklace.
The necklace is fairly large with a handsome appearance and would be appropriate for a man or woman.
- Material: Solid sterling silver, with a cubic zirconia crystal
- Finish: Polished, with an antiqued finish
- Almost 1-1/4 inch tall, including decorative hanger (41mm)
- Almost 7/8 inch wide (21mm)
- Chain: 18 inches, with spring ring closure
- Item number: wh56