- Material: 100% Sterling silver
- Type: Hook
- Finish: Polished
- Width: 5/8 inch (16mm)
- Item number: wh402
These pretty earrings have a simple, modest look, but they're made up of two very potent symbols that have been interwoven; one that's universal and one that goes deep into the Gaelic and Celtic cultures and Irish mythology.
The circle is a universal symbol that has been around since the dawn of man. In all that time it has been used to represent an almost endless number of concepts, a few of which are: the sun, the earth, the moon, the planets, God, eternity, perfection, totality, the continuity of life, heaven, protection, and the universe.
Likewise, the four-cornered Celtic knot may not be universal but is just as rich culturally, representing as it does:
- Four Gaelic seasonal festivals: Samhain, Beltane, Imbolc & Lughnasadh
- Four Druidic gods who each rule a quadrant of the earth
- Brigid the Celtic Queen of the four fires, with her four hands of wisdom, earth, heart and head
- The four treasures of the Tuatha De Danann
- Good luck, as in a four-leaf clover
- The four elements: earth, wind, fire and water
- The four seasons
- North, south, east and west
And yet, despite all that, these earrings have an unassuming simplicity and lightness, and an elegance that let them stand on their own simply as pretty earrings.
Great service is our TOP priority.
We pack every order with love and care and ship within 24 hours, except for Sundays and holidays.
FREE standard shipping (4-6 business days for arrival)
$7.99 - Priority Mail (2-3 business days for arrival)
$24.99 - Express Mail (1-2 business days for arrival)
$9.99 shipping to Canada
$13.99 shipping to all other countries
Easy Returns: Simply send your order back to us within 60 days. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.