The intricate Celtic knot that is the cover of this locket has many distinguishing features that make this necklace fun to wear.
Maybe the most obvious is that it's open, like a lattice, so that anything you place inside will peek through and can change the look in subtle ways.
Another is that the knot has a tri-fold kind of symmetry. If you trace it from any point it will lead you around, in-and-out, up-and-down until the entire circular shape has been covered and you're back where you started.
Also it has a kind of homey, rustic quality to it which is set off by the highly polished finish of the back face.
And of course the fact that it's a locket almost automatically makes it a fun piece of jewelry.
- Material: Solid sterling silver
- Outside finish: Polished
- Almost 7/8 inch diameter x almost 3/8 inch thick (21 x 8mm)
- Inner compartment: Approximately 5/8 diameter (15mm);
- Depth of compartment varies; about 1/4 inch deep at its deepest (5mm)
- Chain: 18 inch (45.6cm), with spring ring closer
- Item number: wh393