The olive branch symbol originated all the way back in ancient Greek mythology with the goddess Athena, and continued with the ancient Greek tradition of brides and Olympic winners wearing 'crowns' of olive branches.
Very early on, Christians established the combined symbol of an olive branch and a dove as a symbol of peace.
To this day the olive branch is still used as a symbol of peace and offered as a peaceful gesture enemies to forgive and forget and “let bygones be bygones”.
Whereas the simple beauty of an olive branch might lend itself to an earthy, naturalistic design, these earrings are given a more graceful and elegant touch due to the slight serpentine curve of the branch and the cubic zirconia crystal which crowns each one.
- Material: Solid sterling silver, cubic zirconia crystals
- Finish: Polished, with pure silver & anti-tarnish plating
- Overall length: 1-1/8 inch (27mm)
- Crystal: Less than 1/4 inch diameter (5mm)
- Earring type: Dangle with post/push-back closure
- Item number: wh337