- Material: 100% Sterling silver
- Finish: Polished, with antique accents
- Length: More than 5/8 inch (16mm)
- Height: About 3/4 inch excluding hanger (10mm)
- Chain: 18 inch (45.6cm) with spring ring closure
- Item number: wh558
Almost everybody loves the largest mammal on earth, and the elephant's trunk no doubt has a lot to do with it. In cartoons, it's the elephant's trunk that almost always gives it real character, and in real life it's no less impressive.
Think how versatile the trunk is: an elephant uses it grip objects to pick them up; he communicates with it by blowing it like a trumpet; he drinks water through it and is able to use it like a hose to take a bath; and pachydermologists have found that he signals greetings with it by raising it, as he is doing in this necklace.
This is a realistically detailed miniature elephant walking, and with an upraised trunk. It's fully three-dimensional and it will stand by itself on all four feet, for when you get tired of carrying your elephant around.